XML-L December 1998

Re: Cool XML Websites

Julian Burman <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:50:57 +0000

Slight misunderstanding. I am presenting the XML document to the browser.
The client-side script in the stylesheet is then processing, extracting and
displaying the required data. View Source displays the original document.
However, and this is really beside the point, is an XSL or other stylesheet
"pure" XML? More importantly, in my case I do not want to present the
entire XML document to the browser. I am presenting procedure and systems
documentation to both our internal IT department and our customers. Most
documents include audience-specific (i.e. internal IT department specific)
sections - a server-side script totally removes these sections from the XML
document before presenting it to the external audience.

Julian Burman
Technical Author
EMEA IT Services
Platinum Technology

Fredrik Lindgren <[log in to unmask]> on 03/12/98 18:35:15

Please respond to General discussion of Extensible Markup Language