Subject: Re: Viewing XML in Netscape
From: Jerome McDonough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:04:13 -0800

>The next version, Communicator 5.0 or whatever it will be called, will have
>XML support. As you propably know, the next browser is being developed with
>Open Software method, i.e. anyone can contribute to the code. This also
>means that anyone can get the pre-release versions of the browser. Current
>versions have some support for XML.
>For more information look at (there are also some compiled binaries
>available if you are willing to risk it):

I grabbed the mozilla source and binaries for other purposes, but was
curious as to the XML support.  While I haven't had much chance to play
with it, it handled the two XML documents at without deleting all my files
or causing my hard drive to belch smoke.

Which is not to say that it's *stable*.  Trying to read the XML versions
of the XML spec made the program blow sky high, as did trying to read
the XML version of the Quran.  Definitely a work in progress.

Jerome McDonough -- [log in to unmask]  |  (......)
Library Systems Office, 386 Doe, U.C. Berkeley     |  \ *  * /
Berkeley, CA 94720-6000    (510) 642-5168          |  \  <>  /
"Well, it looks easy enough...."                   |   \ -- /  SGNORMPF!!!
         -- From the Famous Last Words file        |    ||||