Subject: Re: Greetings from Spirit Tree!!)
From: "John P. Mullen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:33:54 -0700

There are several reference to "other gods" in the Old Testament and reference
to Yahweh as the one true god, which does seem to imply others.  What is not
clear is what the word "god" meant to the original writers and readers of the
Scriptures.  Did it mean other entities or simply artifacts that sprung from
the imagination of man?  A second problem is Satin, who appears in both the New
and Old Testaments.  If he is a fallen angel, he would be god-like to humans.
Yet, though there is talk of worshipping him, I don't recall a reference to him
as a god.

Perhaps, some language scholars can comment.

John Mullen