Greetings From Spirit Tree!!!

Eva Lapthorne <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 Dec 1998 19:31:35 +0000

Hello everybody!!! I just joined this list yesterday, and did a spot of
lurking *l* just to find out what you guys were talking about. At this
stage I'll try my luck and introduce myself, and hopefully I don't
offend anyone in the process *lol*. I have had a few pleasant and
unpleasant experiences with lists, and I have discovered that some of
them flame you if you appear a little too optimistic or happy in your
posts, or if you start talking about yourself....I still don't
understand why *g*!!! Anyway, here goes.....

My name is Eva Lapthorne (Spirit Tree), and I am a 16 year old female
from Australia. I left the mainstream schooling system last year to
pursue my creative interests, particularly that to do with music and
art. Since I left, I felt a sense of freedom, which gave me the
inspiration to connect to the Celtic spirit within myself.  Ever since I
was a kid I felt a distant connection to Scotland, but it was only at
the end of last year that I received a message from this ancient land. A
message which was to change me forever. When I was a young child, I had
bought a silver Celtic cross, not knowing the personal significance it
would hold for me when I was older. I was always enchanted with running
across green fields, and climbing trees...I know that is pretty normal
for a kid, but for me it was a lot more than just playing. I used to
dress up in long coloured swathes of material in the form of a sash ofr
a cape, a headband and sometimes war paint. Then clutching a long wooden
staff (with designs I drew or feathers) I'd collect stones and arrange
them in a large circle. Sometimes in the center I'd light a tiny fire.
This was all in the vicinity of our backyard, but it felt like I was in
another world of my own. I'd create a kind of lean to with
bracken/ferns, light a few big candles, and start my little rituals. I
was never one to read books....I was off in my own world, and it was a
very natural thing to do....to listen to this instinct inside of me. I
was never one to follow things as such. I liked to walk my own path.

I've always felt a connection to trees, but there were a select few that
really enchanted me. These were the oak, pine and the birch. One day
last year I heard my calling. I was lying in bed with my eyes closed
when suddenly there was a very realistic dark green landscape before my
eyes. I was enraptured within this place. I had never seen it before,
yet it seemed so familiar. Suddenly I was running across it, in slow
motion. I could hear the shrieking of the wind, and the ground beneath
my feet. My long brown hair was whipping in the wind, and I felt so
free. I felt like I had returned to the homeland with my soul. I wasn't
there physically, yet I was very there, in a spiritual sense. A chill
ran up my spine, and then I knew that I was running over a grassy plain
in Britain. The scene faded away, and I jumped out of bed. I grabbed
that same silver Celtic Cross that I had had as a child, and hung it on
some leather, using it as a necklace. That day I went out and bought a
few books on the Celts. One in particular was called "Celtic
Connections", and I felt so drawn in by the crosses and the landscapes
in the photographs.

I still have that strong tie today, and it will stay with me for a very
long time to come. I feel a connection with Merlyn and with owls...I
wont explain it all to you, as I know this is a list, and it's not a
place to yack on about myself for ages like this, but I'll just say a
little more before I finish this email.

Lately I have been enchanted by tall elm trees. Everytime I walk past
them it almost seems like they turn around and watch me. I recently went
on a Native American Vision Quest, and I spent this time to connect with
the trees and the birds. One bird in particular that talked to me was
the Crow. I have a real passion for nature, and this land in which we
live in, and I'd like to correspond with people who have a similar
connection to the land as I do. It would be fantastic if there are any
Druids or Celts from the UK who would like to share their experiences
with me.

Sorry about that long email everybody!!! I just wanted to introduce
myself, and share my connection to the Celts and the Druids. I wont
write such long posts next time.

Peace be to you all, my friends :)

Spirit Tree (otherwise known as: Owl Dancing In The Stars, and Eva)