Subject: Re: Patriotism
From: David Lemon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Nov 1998 12:17:47 -0800

Kay H Khoo wrote:
> Was Claude Garamond a French? Hmmm... I didn't know that...

Faces based on work by Garamond, his contemporary Granjon, and Jannon a bit
later, look more French to me than any other designs.

An interesting side note: Due to historical accident, the typeface used for
much French printing during and after the revolution was Baskerville, which
continues to be more popular in France than the UK. Go figure!

- David Lemon
  type nerd
  The five boxing wizards jump quickly.