Help for WELSH-L Archives

WELSH-L Archives

Subject: Nuffield Languages Inquiry
From: Marion Gunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Oct 1998 18:32:15 +0100

Thanks, Margaret, for cutting your notice down from pages to a few lines,
to make it short enough to enable me to distribute it via some heanet
"Celtic" language lists, to people who may wish to take the opportunity to
contribute statistics and opinions to this UK-wide survey of language needs
(the needs of people in business, education, civic administration), which
could well have an influence on linguistic infrastructural planning in
their countries.
Marion Gunn

=======================
>The Nuffield Languages Inquiry is a UK-wide inquiry which aims to
>estimate the UK's needs in languages over the next 20 years. The
>Inquiry team is now asking for your opinions - and we are most
>keen that issues relating to minority languages are fully aired!
>
>I'm therefore inviting you to become involved. First, if you
>don't yet have a copy of the Consultative Report, Where are we
>going with languages? please call for it - it's free! Second, to
>ensure wide participation in the discussion, we're launching the
>Inquiry OnLine. (Registrations are now open.) On the 19 October
>we begin a structured, 8-week debate: your contributions are,
>of course, most warmly welcomed.
>
>To acquire a copy of the Report, email Nuffield Inquiry offices:
>
>Or visit the Nuffield Website at:
> http://www.nuffield.org/language/index.html
>
>You can register with the Inquiry OnLine, on the Web:
> http://www.catchline.u-net.com/nuffield/home.html
>
>Many thanks for your interest!
>Margaret Keeton

Marion Gunn