Subject: Re: XML-tagged religion.200 available
From: Jelks Cabaniss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:05:58 -0400

[ just posted this in reply to your post in c.t.xml, too ]

Jon Bosak wrote:

>There are lots of changes from the old release (1.10).  The biggest
>change is that I've removed the verse numbers; these are now to be
>generated by style sheets.

Interesting.  The generated RTF is quite impressive.

In marking up a "canonical" (classical) text to XML, where verses, chapters,
etc., were numbered, would this numbering *in general* be better expressed by
elements, attributes, or stylesheet generation?

What is the implication for *linking* to those verses, where there is no ID
attribute, as opposed to:

        <v n="1">In the beginning, there wasn't diddly.</v>

Also, is there any particular reason you preferred using things like &#8212;
instead of declaring the ENTITYs in the DTD?

/Jelks