Re: best scripting language for xml?

Tim Bray <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:24:33 -0700

At 12:54 PM 10/20/98 -0700, you wrote:
>you indicated that Unicode into Perl "works now".

Yes, it's in perl 5.005_something, if you go to perl.org it's
easy enough to pick up.

For the Xml part, review the perl-xml mailing list:

 http://www.activestate.com/lyris/lyris.pl?enter=perl-xml&text_mode=0

it's being maintained of late by a fellow named Clark Cooper. May
even be up on CPAN by now.

>I suppose there will be the usual "version lag" between UNIX and wintel
>binaries.

Yeah, although if you get on perl-xml and issue an anguished plea for
a win32 binary, somebody will usually make one. There are some problems
reconciling the win32 compile options needed by perl and expat so it's
not trivial. I have a linux box and no trouble building on that.

 -Tim