Subject: Re: Word/WordPerfect and XML: pdf demise????
From: Fredrik Lundh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:28:07 +0200

>Aye, good point.  We had to upgrade to Acrobat Reader 3.0 because the
>E-Reserve documents could not be read at all with Acrobat Reader 2.0.

And I had to upgrade to Netscape 3 since certain HTML documents
could not be read at all with Netscape 2.

Unless someone decides that CSS and/or XSL will never ever change,
XML will be no better off than PDF if used as a *distribution* format.

(Is there *any* widely distributed XML viewer out there, btw?)

Cheers /F