Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: New Phyco-Monographs
From: Koeltz Scientific Books <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 17 Oct 1998 11:02:02 +0200

> New Phyco - Monographs
>
> Dear reader,
> here we offer three new phycological monographs.
> Orders should be sent to our address given below.
> Thank you.
> Barbro Rigget
> KOELTZ SCIENTIFIC BOOKS
> Booksellers / Publishers in Botany & Zoology
> P.O.Box 1360
> Herrnwaldstr. 6
> D-61462 Koenigstein / Germany
> E-mail: [log in to unmask] (or: [log in to unmask])
> Fax: (+49) 6174 937240
> Phone: (+49) 6174 93720
> WWW: http://www.koeltz.com
>
> -----------BOOK LIST--------------
>
> Book ID: (073749)
> ICONOGRAPHIA DIATOMOLOGICA:  Annotated Diatom Micrographs. Ed. by Horst Lange
>  - Bertalot.Volume 06: Phytogeography - Diversity - Taxonomy. Lange -
>  Bertalot, Horst and S. I. Genkal: Diatomeen aus Sibirien, I: Inseln im
>  Arktischen Ozean (Yugorsky - Shar Strait) / Diatoms from Siberia, I: Islands
>  in the Arctic Ocean (Yugorsky - Shar Strait). 1998. appproximately 1000
>  micrographs on 77 plates. Approx. 280 p. gr8vo. Hardcover. (ISBN
>  3-87429-406-4) 180.00 DM/US $113.00
>
> In the press. Expected end 1998. Orders will be recorded.- Various freshwater
>  habitats, some slightly under brackish water influence, have been
>  investigated from Vaigach Island, Mestnyi Island, Matveev Island and the
>  Yugorsky Peninsula in north - west Siberia. In only 17 samples with
>  obviously different water quality conditions 490 taxa or "Sippen" (i.e.
>  morphodemes currently having no formal taxonomic rank), were found in this
>  very small area of the Arctic. Evaluating the 490 taxa from taxonomical and
>  phytogeographical points of view the following results have been obtained: -
>  345 taxa (ca. 70%) occur in Central Europe. They therefore represent either
>  cosmopolitan or floral elemnts with a wider distribution in the holarctic
>  kingdom - 159 taxa (ca. 30%) or taxonomically undefined but probable species
>  were found in the studied region, but are in the checklist (LANGE-BERTALOT
>  1996) of Central Europe - 42 (from 159) are described here as new species
>  (subspecies) - 14 other ones are trasnferred from their original taxonomic
   position as nov. comb. or nov. stat. - 6 taxa are recognised as abvious new
   species but will formally be
>  described by KRAMMER later in connection with a comprehensive revision of
>  the genera CYMBELLA (sensu lato) and DIPLONEIS - 25 are very probably new
>  species, they are marked in table 2 as "(?nov.) spec." - 43 could not be
>  positively identified as known species, but may prove to be new species
>  after further study - Neidiopsis Lange-Bertalot & Metzeltin is described as
>  a new genus, with type species Neidiopsis vekhovii, a new species that was
>  combined provisionally with Neidium (LANGE - BERTALOT et al. 1999). Navicula
>  levanderi Hustedt var. levanderi and var. tatrensis Bily & Marvan are
>  trasferred to Neidiopsis.
>

> Book ID: (072899)
> PERESTENKO, L. P.:  The red algae of the Far - Eastern seas of Russia.
>  1994.illustr. 330 p. Hardcover.- In Russian, with Latin nomenclature and
>  English summary and annotations. 128.00 DM/US $80.00
>
> Full descriptions, catalogue, keys, etc. Nine genera and 27 species have been
>  described as new to science. - A basic book.
>

> Book ID: (073918)
> VERMA, B. N. (ED.); ADVANCES IN PHYCOLOGY. 1998.
> ILLUSTR. 392 P.:  90.00 DM/US $56.00
>
> Twentyfive review articles on morphology, physiology, and ecology of algae.
>  Includes modern lines of research, e.g. cytotaxonomy, allelopathy,
> microbiological biotechnology.

This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask]  You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text.  If you have further difficulty contact the listowner.