Subject: Re: The Fates
From: Danielle Ni/ Dhighe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 24 Sep 1998 01:25:37 -0700

At 12:07 AM 9/24/98 PDT, Juliet Brown wrote:
>Max is right in his etymology

Max is actually a she.  :)

>except Morrigan has also been translated to mean "phantom queen'.

The question is: is the name Morri/gan or Mo/rri/gan?  The oldest version
seems to be the former, which would give the 'phantom queen' translation.

>The Irish celts did respect
>versitility above all else which is why the major god of their pantheon

Can we accurately refer to an Irish pantheon?

Danielle Ni/ Dhighe * [log in to unmask] * ICQ: 158800   *  Tiocfaidh A/r La/! (Our Day Will Come!)