Subject: DataChannel/MS dcxml parser DOM support
From: James Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:42:28 -0700

Has anyone looked at the dcxml parser, I pulled it off the DataChannel site
yesterday. It claims to have DOM support, but the interface it supports
does not gell with W3C Aug.18 DOM Proposed Recommendation.  My guess is
that, this being a Microsoft collaboration, that there is a different
flavor of DOM being served up here.  If so, how many different flavs of DOM
are out there?

Does anyone know of a validating parser with DOM support written in Java? I
was using DXP, but it does not provide validation in its DOM view, which is
why I wanted to swap in dcxml (which doesn't fit ).

Cheers,
-Jim Anderson