Subject: Re: The key benefit of XML?
From: Frank McGeough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Sep 1998 12:20:24 -0400

Speaking naively, has someone worked out doing a
DTD of DTD's for search engines?

Search Engine Problem:
There will be many DTD's added over time and the search engine
people need a way to dynamically add support for new DTD's.
The DTD itself may contain data that is irrelevant for a search
engine or is useless element info by itself (for example, why
would I ever need to search the Internet for every page that has
a <PRICE> set to $422.97) The users want to immediately
be able to narrow their search based on a DTD that they
know is available.

Could a creator of a new DTD supply this meta DTD in XML
format to the search engine so that the search engine is auto
updated? Does this make any sense? Is this covered by some
other development that I haven't read or understood yet?