Subject: Re: Whatever happend to the proposed XML newsgroup?
From: "John E. Simpson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:06:48 -0400

At 05:16 PM 9/16/98 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
>> Are any efforts to use XML to enhance mailing lists?
>I hope not. Having to cope with the HTML stuff is bad enough.

FWIW, back in January, Tim Bray mentioned on the XML-DEV list this
submission to W3C:

The title of the submission is "HTML Threading: Conventions for use of HTML
in email." But as Tim mentioned, it could make for a way cool XML app.

Doesn't seem to have been updated since then, so I have no idea if it's
still being worked on. Authors were from MS, QualComm (the Eudora people),
and Lotus (cc:mail).

You're such a curmudgeon, Peter. :)
John E. Simpson
Just XML (ISBN 0-13-943417-8)
Available in September from Prentice Hall PTR