Subject: SYSTEM file references
From: Robert Wakeling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:03:13 +0200

I would like to indicate, in a DTD, where documents can include a logo as a gif
file. Something like this

<!ELEMENT Introduction (Logo, #PCDATA) >
<!ELEMENT Logo
        SYSTEM "here is where you put your local gif file reference"
        NDATA gif>

Can I declare a parameter entity reference such as

<!ELEMENT % LogoFileRef

and reference it in the DTD for use as specific local system URI like this?

<!ELEMENT Introduction (Logo, #PCDATA) >
<!ELEMENT Logo
        SYSTEM " % LogoFileRef "
        NDATA gif>

Or is there a more straightforward way to do this?