Re: Convertin extended ascii characters to character entities

Marcus Carr <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 25 Sep 1998 12:57:26 +1000

Paul Yachnes wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good utility, text editor, or Word macro for
> automatically converting all the reserved characters and extended ascii
> characters in an xml document to character entities? Any information on
> this would be greatly appreciated.

I have a small (>1/2 meg), self contained OmniMark application (ansi2ent)
that will do this on a PC - if anyone wants a copy, mail me directly and
I'll send it to you. I just put the software together - the code was
written by OmniMark and has been available for some years.

Also freely available (though I haven't bothered configuring), dos2ent,
ent2ansi, ent2dos, ent2lat1, ent2mac, ent2mrtf (Mac RTF), ent2wrtf (Windows
RTF), lat12ent, mac2ent, mrtf2ent and wrtf2ent. All very handy for those
translations we love to hate.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr email: [log in to unmask]