Re: Mixed Marriages

Martin Burns at EasyWeb Design <[log in to unmask]>

Martin Burns at EasyWeb Design <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 27 Sep 1998 16:23:09 +0100

Shae wrote on 26/9/98 9:40 pm

>The only derogoratory expression, if you
>could call it that, I've ever heard was 'He plays with his left foot', when
>a RC was talking about a Protestant.

And even that's a Glasgow expression (turned around, as a left-footer
is a Catholic over here) - generally used in a jocular manner as in
"He shouldn't have been able to score that - he used his right foot
(said of a Catholic playing for Rangers)"

Cheers
Martin

PGP key number:36C70EF7

 EASYweb Design - professional Web Design that speaks *your* language
    email: [log in to unmask] snailmail: 12 Terrars Croft
      tel: +44 (0)131 668 1420 Edinburgh, Scotland
pricelist: [log in to unmask] terms&conditions: [log in to unmask]
  Cynical about New Britain? Have a look at www.easyweb.co.uk/uturns/