The decommissioning of Connolly is almost complete, and we expect to switch
it off for the last time early next week.
In case you have monitoring tools or other services which are still relying
on the existence of Connolly, you may wish to note the following:
* The domain name "Connolly.hea.net" will become a CNAME for "Moskva.hea.net",
its direct successor. "Connolly.hea.ie" is obsolete and should not be used.
* "Moskva.hea.net" points to the loopback interface on Moskva. Each interface
may also be referred to directly; for example, the National College of
Ireland's interface is called "Moskva-s3-6-ncirl.hea.net".
* With few exceptions, the actual IP addresses of the connections have not
changed. If you refer to Connolly by the IP address of your interface,
nothing will change.
* Moskva's loopback address (Moskva-l0.hea.net) is 188.8.131.52.
* Moskva may be used as an NTP peer instead of Connolly.
If you have any questions, please mail myself or the NOC ([log in to unmask])
------------------------------- [log in to unmask] Dave Wilson, HEA-NOC
HEAnet Ltd, Marine House, Clanwilliam Court, Dublin 2 ph. +353-1-662-3412
PGP public key: finger [log in to unmask] or mail fax. +353-1-662-9278