Subject: Re: Very different italics
From: Randal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 14 Aug 1998 12:06:45 -0400

Christian Liljeberg wrote:

> Randal:
> >>
> >> No need for an quark xtension....quark can do it anyway. I only have the
> >> Swedish version so I don't know what the menu item is called by I think it's
> >> under "Utilities" and then "Font usage...".
> >> Useful thing accually.
> >
> >Is that a new feature of Quark 4? It might be enough to make me bother to
> >upgrade.
>
> No. I use Quark 3.31 and it's there. It's under one of the rightmost menus,
> look for Font usage... or Fonts in document... You can do a search for a
> typeface used in your document and choose if you want to replace it. It's like
> Find and Replace but it only affects the typefaces and its style.
>
> This function has been there the last 7-8 years...funny you haven't noticed it
> if you already have Quark...

I HAVE used this feature, and that is what I was referring to as replacing all
instances of an italic in a layout. It is at best a workaround, for anytime you
reapply a text style you have to complete another search.

What I am really looking for, I guess, is a way to define a style in a layout
program in which I can specify that italicizing the style will change it into a
different typeface (and I would also like the ability to do the same for bolding).

-- Randal