standalone

Richard Lander <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:06:35 -0400

There was some talk about the SDD a couple of weeks ago. I gleaned from that
conversation that you can make declarations in the internal subset and still
qualify for 'standalone="yes"', but not in the external subset. The downside
of that is that you must deliver those declarations with each instance,
instead of referencing a central mini-DTD, or can you? Could you define your
mini-DTD, possibly a few entity and element declarations, save it to the
file-system, then reference it by way of an entity in the internal subset?

For example:

<?XML version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!DOCTYPE test [

<!ENTITY mini-dtd SYSTEM "mini.dtd">
&mini-dtd;
]>

I'm unsure of whether the entity I defined above requires a pero (%) in
front of the entity name. If it does, please correct me.

Richard.

Richard Lander
University of Waterloo
English Rhetoric and Professional Writing

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/relander/XML/