Subject: Re: text in field marked <ANY>
From: Dave Winer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Aug 1998 06:03:36 -0700

Tim, as an XML implementor, this is the reason why we need a test
validation suite for XML parsers. That's the best way to ensure that
there's compatibility between the parsers people are writing. I know I
sound like a broken record on this, but we're doing our own test bed, but
that's only guesswork, based on our interpretation of the spec. You and Eve
and a few others *know* what the intention of the spec is.

I'm not sure if the idea is clear... Back when I was a CS grad student,
writing a student compiler, we had a series of test cases that our compiler
had to handle. If we didn't run all the tests we couldn't hand it in.

That's what I'm asking for. A definitive set of test cases that I could
hand off to my engineers and say "make sure we can handle all these cases."

Dave

http://www.userland.com/directory.html