Subject: Re: Announcement: Microsoft and DataChannel Co-Develop Java
From: cchou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Aug 1998 10:07:08 -0700

I admire Mr. St. Laurent's noble ambition and sympathize with the difficulty he
experienced in rallying troops. As a programmer myself when I see an Announcement
such as the subject of our current discussion, I see big sharks with sharp teeth
ready to swallow anyone who dares to jump into this "gigantic" open water. There
may be many unemployed rocket scientists, but none of them want to be "dead"
scientists.

The problem I see is the lack of proper forum for the project Mr. St. Laurent is
proposing. May be he can make such idea known to people who are out of the reach
of sharks, like the linux folks.

CLC