Subject: Re: Use of   in Data
From: Doug Greenwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Aug 1998 08:49:57 -0700

>Might you want to add that sort of functionality to your stylesheet? I see
>an addition such as &nbsp; as formatting, which XML is designed to escape

Good point. I definitely agree that non-breaking spaces are aspects of data
formatting, but in the case I am inquiring about, I may not have control
over what text based data is inserted between the <REMARKS> element.  This
is because the data can be ported over from external systems, free-form data
entry originating from XML authoring tools, and other sources that I may not
have control over the filtering of content.

Doug Greenwood