Re: NOISE: Get me a pack of fonts will ya?

Erwin Dieterich <[log in to unmask]>

TYPO-L Discussion of Type and Typographic Design <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:05:50 +0200

> > Here in Germany you can buy a CD with 14400 Fonts (!!)
> > for DM 15 (approx. $8.60).

First I have to apologize: There are only 11111 Fonts on the CD :-(

> Thank you for the hint Erwin. Please could you give us more details:

No problem.

> Manufacturer (with all available details), distribution means, what the
> fonts roughly look like and a few of their most characteristic names,
> etc.

mediaGlobe GmbH
Buro Wuppertal
Munzstr. 87
42277 Wuppertal

What's in it. Well, what can I say. There are 2896 Type 1 fonts and
8215 TrueType fonts (no, I didn't count them, these are the numbers from
the CD case). Many TrueTypes by Fantazia with computed bold and slanted
forms (left slanted and right slanted, don't know what I should do with
left slanted, though). Many of the TrueTypes are converted Type1s with
alltype. The normal sharewares (D. Rakowski et. al.) etc. etc.

Characteristic names: Name it, it is on the CD. I havn't had time to
look at all the fonts. (5 sec/ font = 55555 sec = ~15 h)

Overall: low quality.

> If I have difficulty to get it myself would you be willing to buy it for
> me and send it to France or Greece after I send you the money for all
> your expenses?

Yes, just tell me.

 - Erwin