Subject: Re: UNIX Font & the Euro
From: David Lemon & Anahit Deedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:12:53 -0700

Jill Bell asked:
> Is Fontographer offering an update that contains this character space?

For now, it's purely DIY. Since the new Windows code pages and Mac cmap are
official, one can hope FOG will incorporate them soon.

> And (since I'm not on the OpenType list) does anyone know if
> Macromedia plans to update Fontographer to incorporate OpenType?
> I sure hope so!

So do I. They've expressed interest on several occasions, but have made no
announcements I know of. I was heartened just to learn that they are still
interested in developing Fntographer, since that stalled for several years.

- David Lemon
  type nerd
  About sixty codfish eggs will make a quarter pound of very fizzy jelly.