Subject: Re: Calling Dr. Swanson...
From: Gunnar Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:21:20 -0700

Roy,

You have my permission. Beatrice and I haven't talked for weeks so I have
no idea what she'd say. I tried to find out about rights on her "Crystal
Goblet" so I could include it in a class reader, calling Monotype and
other's who'd published her piece. I could find nobody who knew anything
about who would be the copyright holder. It clearly should not be PD but
generally people have acted as if it were. The "Clarety" piece's refrences
to Warde are clearly fair use.

Gunnar

At 11:46 AM +0100 8/23/98, Roy Preston wrote:
>Hrant suggested:
>
>>  Here's another idea: Gunnar's "Clarety: Drinking from the
>>  crystal goblet" (Serif #1) has appeared on Typo-L at least twice.
>>  I think it's pretty unique; maybe that can go on the site too.
>

>And Jill added:
>
>>  If you do, perhaps you could get a copy of the article in which he
>>  satirizes for those of us who were only able to partially enjoy his wit.
>
>I don't know how I stand on this. I have both, and I can ask Gunner and Don
>for permission on the 'Clarity' article, but what about the Beatrice Warde
>original? Comments?
>
>Roy P
>
>Preston Graphics:
>http://www.lds.co.uk/preston/
>
>Typo-L Website:
>http://www.lds.co.uk/preston/typo/
>Have you sent *your* page yet?

Gunnar Swanson Design Office
1404 Claremont Drive
Davis CA 95616

v: 530/759-0280
f: 530/759-0281
e: [log in to unmask]

email at UC Davis Design Program: [log in to unmask]