Subject: Re: Teaching (was Bold vs Italic)
From: Gunnar Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Aug 1998 15:17:21 -0700

At 2:28 PM +0100 8/15/98, Roy Preston wrote:
>Beth expressed her frustrations and confusion about our postings re. her
>original question. It makes me wonder if current 'teaching' methods are any
>different to those of...20+ years ago?

I think you'll find considerable range in teaching methods for typography.
Although I believe that there -should- be considerable range in teaching
method, philosophy, and focus, I suspect that most of the present range
would not stand up to scrutiny.

Gunnar

Gunnar Swanson Design Office
1404 Claremont Drive
Davis CA 95616

v: 530/759-0280
f: 530/759-0281
e: [log in to unmask]

email at UC Davis Design Program: [log in to unmask]