Subject: Re: My apologies to Sean
From: Don Hosek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:50:15 -0500

At 08:33 PM 8/12/1998 +0100, Roy wrote:
>If I'd had the slightest suspicion that any of my stuff on the site was in
>any way political, it would come off -- immediately! (and it has, now that
>the seed of doubt has been planted).

>It never has been and never will be my desire to hurt anyone, either
>directly or deviously. I really am deeply sorry if the cartoon caused
>offence, which it obviously has.

Oh heavens. If a cartoon doesn't offend somebody, odds are it's not funny.

Personally, I find the lets-not-offend-anyone-so-better-take-it-down
attitude to be offensive. So now, Roy, you're faced with the choice of
whether you'd prefer to (theoretically) offend someone by keeping the
cartoon up or (actually) offend someone by taking it down.

If we let ourselves get paralyzed by fear of giving offense, we'll never be
able to express opinions.

-dh

---
Don Hosek           [log in to unmask]    Quixote Digital Typography
312-953-3679        fax: 312-803-0698     orders: 800-810-3311
For information about SERIF: THE MAGAZINE OF TYPE & TYPOGRAPHY,
http://www.quixote.com/serif/ or mail [log in to unmask]