Re: Invitation à Jean

Sean Cavanaugh <[log in to unmask]>

TYPO-L Discussion of Type and Typographic Design <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Aug 1998 15:18:55 -0700

Christina wrote:

> There's a 1-page review of it in issue 11 of the French TeX Users
> Group (GUTenberg) newsletter, _La lettre GUTenberg_ (p.12).
>
> If you want a copy, you can download _La lettre_ No. 11 from their
> web site:
>
> www.univ-rennes1.fr/pub/gut/publications/publis.html

  Many thanks! My college French lead me to believe maybe it was a good
review, but there were a couple (okay, a lot) of terms I did not understand
-- and some of them sounded as if they might be interesting. To wit:

  "La encore, le texte est riche en astuces, mais l'adaptation de l'anglais
n'est pas toujours irreprochable."

  I don't know what "astuces" translates to ... but apparently it's rich
with it/them, even though they do not always translate well... (Laaaady!!)

  Then there was something about it being a "manuel pratique pour
infographistes en herbes" (??) Sounds sortof like they're saying it's for
marijuana-smoking graphic designers, or something like that. Which I guess
wouldn't be all that bad...

  Anyway, I should be happy about that review, right? 8-]

- Jean de St. Kevin