Subject: Re: font with special diacritical marks?
From: Winston Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 1 Aug 1998 09:40:52 -0300

Mark Halpern wrote:
>   I'm a brand-new subscriber, so forgive me if I'm asking a question that
>you've seen a hundred times before.
[...]
>   Can you suggest any path that might lead to useful information?

Hi Mark,
I'm quite a inexperienced too, there is other people on this list who must have designed a mighty font with all diacriticals you can imagine...

But once I saw two fonts called:
SILSophia-IPA and SILDoulos-IPA (I think they mimick Helvetica and Times) Used for dictionaries, fonetic transcription, or something, they might have what you want.

The third way (and that's not Tony Blair...), would be to construct using your regular font + superscript/underscript + size change + kerning the things you need.

[]s
WS