Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: Gaelic Roots
From: "E.Y. Murphey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 2 Jul 1998 09:39:56 +0100

Michael Hogan wrote:

  Our man Mike Dugger did a great
>      job leading sessions all week.  I was able to join in 4 of them
>      throughout the week and met him once more on the return trip at Jim
>      Coogan's session on Sunday.  Mike's a fine fiddler and a fine person.
>      Thanks Mike, you were a big reason I enjoyed the week so much.
my vote for this as well, here is a true gentle man
and fun time to get us struggling trads to play... he's one of the best

and the irrepressible E.Y. Murphey.
now wait a minute... I hade to look up that big word <irrespressible?>
maybe a bit enthusiastic
but if you even want to restain me do any of the following
  if I am in a reasonable mood, slap me across the backside ( ah I
needed that)... not the face, it probably has a whistle
 tell me to drink that hard cider you have offered me
 stick silly putty into the non fipple end of my whistle
so I can be restrained, but its's tough
BUT

>      Highlights for me included the program by Mick Moloney and Robbie
>      O'Connell on the 1798 Uprising, the presentation/reminiscences by

listening to these two will do it everytime

the Ceili Cruise where I sat
>      glued for nearly three hours listening to Paddy Glacken, Noel Hill,
>      Kevin Crawford and Tommy Hayes play a no holds barred session.

and I did do it here...I agree THIS was a time for listening to the boys
do their
brillant play
wow, and thanks for that listening session

>      finished off the week by attending the Masters Concert on Saturday
>      night.  It was a great show, expertly staged managed by Mike Dugger,
>      with his head set on, leading the troop of people setting up the
>      equipment for each act.
>
>      Mike

ps. mike wait til I see you at E. Durham, you owe me a cider for sure
for that flame
and in return I will give you a copy of  "Gaelic Roots Craic" ...
another original work
by none other than

outahere
ey