Subject: Re: Typonymously named companies! (used to be type that looks like people)
From: "Hrant H. Papazian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 29 May 1998 10:29:18 -0700

Miles Newlyn wrote:
> The company in question was Wolff Olins, where i'm typonut.
> the font in question is Meta, and the name of the bank "Merita"
> was invented here too.  you never know whos listening:-)

And he jumps out from the shadows with his rapier drawn!

So, two questions:
1. The bank let you decide their name for them?!
   This is the first I've heard where the *font* determined
   the name of the object.
2. Do you happen to know, was it in fact "rediculous
   amounts of money"?

P.S. To me, "Merita" sounds like a Tupperware competitor.

hhp