Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

AFRIK-IT Home

AFRIK-IT  May 1998

AFRIK-IT May 1998

Re: infoDev Offers Year 2000 Grants to Poorest Countries

Stephen Seda <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 26 May 1998 10:42:25 +0000

It is good to see that efforts are being made to assist some of the 3rd
world countries in this manner...As one who has spoken at several of these
countries, I have had dialogues with government officials as to how they
would even begin to tackle their challenges given their lack of resources
and need for funds in many other areas.....

The cooperation of the major companies in those countries become a key
factor to the success of the projects in the countries. The reason is that
the majority of the utilities are government owned, electricity, telephone
services, and even the major banks..to that end, if these services are
greatly affected, general commerce can really suffer....

For some countries, this could literally result in civil war...or some kind
of disturbance...

It is for these reasons that I applaud the work of Infodev in providing
these opportunities. As I continue to speak around the African continent
and raise awareness, I will mention this program and recommend to the
government leaders that they submit their applications.

Thanks again InfoDev.....

Stephen Seda

--
Dedicated to the Global Awareness of PC Year2000 Challenges
S.E.I. Group Inc. - Providing Products and Services for the PC