Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: favorite line?
From: Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Apr 1998 20:25:22 -0700

Dennis wrote...

>>"So, perhaps you would like to share your favorite line or verse of OI
with the list?  I haven't quite decided yet which is my personal favorite,
but I promise to participate, too."<<

I have no idea what the Old Irish is (I'm mostly on this list as a constant
reminder to myself that one day I will learn!) but one phrase that has
stuck with me, from _The Wasting Sickness of Cu/ Chulainn_, "Many gentle
words have loved you." Cu/'s wife Emer says this to him when he is on his
sickbed. I would love to know the OI for it.

Scott [[log in to unmask]]