Subject: Re: XML for data transmission
From: John Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:51:28 -0800

Contextually, that's a pretty funny question.

I'd say so, yes.  It could be compressed before sending and expanded
at the receiving end, but that still doesn't make it efficient as it
takes a lot of time to perform those actions.  All numbers are
represented in ASCII, and even items like dates have to be
represented as strings rather than in a more compact non-readable

So, whichever way you look at it, it is inefficient yes.

Why are people making such a big deal over such an inefficient
technology?  I have no idea.