Subject: Re: XML for data transmission
From: Bill la Forge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 2 Apr 1998 14:47:08 -0500

My experience it to the contrary. XML ascii seems to compress quite nicely,
in direct contrast to binary data. I've been working on an XML-based
transaction protocol:

  http://www.camb.opengroup.org/~laforge/axtp/

But I've set it aside for now, till I get coins done:

  http://www.camb.opengroup.org/~laforge/coins/

(axtp will be rewritten to use coins.)

Bill