Subject: Re: Size of Posts (TYPO-L)
From: Peter Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 Apr 1998 00:03:19 +0100

Hrant asks
> I just have some questions:
> 1. Does this apply only to the digest people?

No, it's a general limit on any posts _to_ TYPO-L

> 2. If the post has too many lines, what exactly happens?

It gets returned to the sender.

> 3. Is it OK if each line is long (like A. Neville's post of 4/26)?

Good question -- I don't know (I'll ask the maintainers) but I
suspect a line is a line, regardless of length.

> 4. How does this combat non-inline attachments?

As far as LISTSERV is concerned, a "message" is the whole thing,
including the attachments, because LISTSERV does not recognise
attachments as any different from the text body (yet).

///Peter