Subject: Re: What was old is now new
From: "Hrant H. Papazian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:08:58 -0700

Michael Brady wrote:
> The real stuff is the words.

I think that the words are the meat, but the qualifiers are the sauce.
You need the meat to live, but the sauce is a huge improvement.
(OK, Gunnar, go ahead and feast on tha!t metaphor :)

A much more relevant question is: when you have steak and shrimp,
do you mix the shrimp sauce with the "jus"?

> Think, btw, of television: it really is radio with pictures.

I disagree. I think that the visual aspect of TV is dominant:
just picture those mesmerized, gaping kinds watching cartoons.
Or adults watching "The Grind"...

hrant "rare" papazian