Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Toxic green algae
From: Michael Agbeti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:13:13 -0700

Hi All:
I posted a request on the network some months about any new or recent
publication on production of toxin by green algae, other than the work of
Schwimmer & Schwimmer (1968).
Others are interested in the response I would get and asked that I should
post it on the net.

I had only one response and it deals with possible toxicity of Scenedesmus
obliquus on Daphnia. The full reference is:
Boersma, M. & Vijverberg, J. 1994. Evidence of possible toxic effects on
Daphnia resulting from the green alga Scenedesmus obliquus. Hydrobiologia
294: 99-103.

I hope this helps.

NOTE THE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: [log in to unmask]
Michael D. Agbeti, Ph.D., CLM
Bio-Limno Research & Consulting
8210-109 Street, PO Box 52197
Edmonton, Alberta