Subject: Re: Suicide!
From: Harri Granholm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Mar 1998 02:34:18 +0200

>This is So True! The most beautiful letter is always too beautiful, and the
>others hate it. Just like Kelly LeBrock, poor thing. Zapf has a passage in
>his About Alphabets on this very dilemma; how a letter will not be tamed to
>fit with the others. And yet, alas, it must be, and its beauty subsumed to
>accord with the whole.

    And wasn't it Kieslowski who said (something like) that what he
    enjoys best in filmmaking is cutting the best scene out
    of the film for this very same reason. Even in my early stage
    of graphic design studies, I've found this to be a very hard but
    many times necessary part of this or any creative work.

    So I'll look forward to seeing the typeface!

    Harri Granholm / [log in to unmask]