Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

AFRIK-IT Home

AFRIK-IT  March 1998

AFRIK-IT March 1998

Malawian ISP banned from Internet access

Anthony Brooks <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:18:50 +0200

Hi all,

I spoke at length to Chris last week about the situation in Malawi, and
asked him to mail me a summary of the situation there. He did
(presumably illegally, if you accept the Malawian government's ban
on his access to the Internet) and I'm passing it on to Africa-IT for
comment.

Does anyone have any suggestions for international organisations that
Chris should be getting in touch with? I'm very concerned with the
fact that the Malawian government has actually banned Chris from
accessing the Internet. I'm sure that such a step would break several
laws in most other countries...

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Ant.

---