Some on or outside this list may be interested in the following
announcement relating to the MSc Computer Science program at NUST.
Please kindly pass on the notice to those within and outside Africa who
might be interested. The email contact for application forms is:
[log in to unmask]
Bye for now.
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (NUST)
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
MSc. (COMPUTER SCIENCE) DEGREE PROGRAMME
The MSc programme in Computer Science at the National University of
Science and Technology is a joint programme of Commonwealth Secretariat,
London and the University.
2 COURSE STRUCTURE
The MSc programme is over a period of two years i.e. four semesters. Of
the four semesters, three are allocated to course work and the fourth
semester is devoted to preparation of a dissertation. Candidates choose
four courses per semester from the following:
· Object Oriented Programming I
· Discrete Mathematics
· Pattern Recognition and Image Processing
· Microprocessor and Operating Systems
· Computer Based Medical Diagnostics
· Object Oriented Programming II
· Neural Networks and Parallel Distributed Processing
· Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
· Computer Graphics
· Software Methodology and Engineering
· Information Systems for Management and Business
· Computer Aided Design and Engineering
· Data Communication and Computer Networks
· Digital Signal Processes
3. MINIMUM ENTRY
· At least a good Second Lower, Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or
an equivalent appropriate degree with a thorough knowledge of
· A good command of the English Language.
· Qualified candidates from Commonwealth countries can compete for a
limited number of scholarships from the Commonwealth Secretariat.
· Candidates can also check with their national bodies and international
agencies for sponsorship.
5. FURTHER INFORMATION/
Further information and official application forms can be obtained
Department of Computer Science
National University of Science and Technology
P O Box 346
Email: [log in to unmask]
Please Quote: SCS-P98 when replying to this notice