Re: Translations and Unicode

"Popham, Karyn" <[log in to unmask]>

TYPO-L Discussion of Type and Typographic Design <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:00:00 -0600

My gratitude for Jorge de Buen U. (whose name I fear I have mangled) for
providing an English translation of his posting--I learned a great deal from
it. (And many thanks for noting, early in the post, that the English version
was included at the end.)

Those who persist in posting lengthy messages in languages other than a
dialect of English are beginning to convey, at least to me, a sense that
they are more interested in making a political point than in communicating.
 I am not here for political debates, so I shall simply delete those posts
rather than attempting to translate them. Others may have different
opinions; I can only speak for myself.

I've been learning a great deal about Unicode through this list the past
several days. I'm afraid, however, that I'm hazy on the basics. Who/what
group is responsible for creating it, and who or what will implement it?

Cheers,
Karyn Popham