Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Re: Ulva-culturing
From: "A. Bottalico" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Feb 1998 12:11:37 +0100

Dear Markus
I am also a PhD student at Institute of Botany, Bari University, working
with macroalgae cultures. I have cultured two species of Valonia and I have
experienced the same problem with algae sporulation. In order to avoid this
phenomenon I have tested influence of environmental factors (such as light,
temperature and chemicals) on spore formation and liberation with
unsatisfactory results.
However I'd like to suggest you a review about reproduction by M.J.Dring:
"Algal physiology and biochemistry", chapter 29, pp. 814-837.
I hope you will find it interesting and that someone could give us any
suggestion.
Antonella Bottalico
Antonella Bottalico
Istituto Botanico, Universita'