Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: images of airborne algae
From: Rafael Tormo Molina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 26 Feb 1998 23:48:37 +0000

     Dear members of the list
     Sampling atmosphere with a volumetric sporetrap we found some
algae, some time in a noteworthy amount. Long time ago I received a
good information about this subject by some members of this list and I
was advised that I had to cultivate the samples to identify the
algae, but this suppose a great change in our methodology. We are
interested mainly in airborne pollen and spores, but we want profit
form the algae found.
     In the URL
you can found images of some of the algae found. Any suggestion about
the identification well be welcomed.

Rafael Tormo Molina
University of Extremadura
mailto:[log in to unmask]