Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: images of airborne algae
From: Rafael Tormo Molina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 26 Feb 1998 23:48:37 +0000

     Dear members of the list
     Sampling atmosphere with a volumetric sporetrap we found some
algae, some time in a noteworthy amount. Long time ago I received a
good information about this subject by some members of this list and I
was advised that I had to cultivate the samples to identify the
algae, but this suppose a great change in our methodology. We are
interested mainly in airborne pollen and spores, but we want profit
form the algae found.
     In the URL     http://www.unex.es/polen/palinote.htm
you can found images of some of the algae found. Any suggestion about
the identification well be welcomed.

Rafael Tormo Molina
University of Extremadura
mailto:[log in to unmask]