Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Re: Planktonema lauterbornii
From: Gene Stoermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:01:11 -0500

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Christophe Leboulanger wrote:

> Dear all,
> We are looking for ecological data or papers (refs.) about the chlorophycea
> Planktonema lauterbornii, inhabiting alpine lakes (lake of Paladru).
> Thank you for any help.
>
> Christophe Leboulanger
> **********************
> Ecotoxicologie Algale
> **********************
> Station d'Hydrobiologie Lacustre
> INRA, BP 511
> 74203 THONON LES BAINS cedex FRANCE
> **********************
> tel. 33 (0) 4 50 26 78 11
> fax. 33 (0) 4 50 26 07 60

        What we believe to be Planktonema lauterbornii was quite abundant
in some areas of the Laurentian Great Lakes of North America in the
1970's. Unfortunately most reports are in government reports, which are
difficult to access. If you wish, I can probably find some examples - my
lab was just moved and my lityerature collection is in considerable
disarry. The current situation is essentially unknown, because monitoring
programs on the Great Lakes have been reduced to a very low level.
Eugene Stoermer, University of Michigan
Internet e-mail address:  [log in to unmask]
Voice Phone: 734-764-5238    Fax: 734-647-2748