Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Do you LOVE gardening and canít wait to... (UPDATED)
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 14 Feb 1998 18:14:42 -0500

Do you LOVE gardening and canít wait to get outside and mess around in the dirt? . .
. If so, do you plant potatoes?
Chances are you do. Then why not pay a visit to a brand new website dedicated to our
starchy favorite...the potato!
The Potato Patch, located at http://www.webspawner.com/users/potatopatch/, carries
many of your oldtime favorites as well as the latest in technological spuds.
We carry the best & highest quality selection of reds, whites, and russets
anywhere, plus those odd purple and yellow varieties everyone is talking about.
"How can you make such a claim", you might ask? Simple! . . .
The Potato Patch is a seed potato company whose dedicated workers
uphold a family tradition of producing the highest quality seed potato stock,
dating back to the 1920ís. At the Potato Patch, our certified seed stock is derived
from disease free potato plant tissue which is multiplied in our state of the art laboratory.
This process is called micropropagation ≠ and involves growing the plants in test tubes.
These plants are then transplanted into our modern greenhouses for the production
of mini-tubers. Watering, fertilizing, and pest control are monitored closely throughout
the growing season to give you, the customer, the premium product you want and
deserve.
"Whatís so good about these "high-tech" potatoes?"
If you plant spuds, you know what Colorado Potato Beetles are and how destructive they can be to your garden. Some of you may have even heard of beetle resistant varieties, but have never been able to find them. Well, look no further! Available to the pub

lic for the first time - the patented NewLeaf potatoes from NatureMark. These potatoes are like any other potato; but they have a built-in protein from nature to protect themselves from the dreaded potato beetle. This eliminates the need to apply insectic

ides ≠ a concern every American has about the foods they eat. This is a product of biotechnology. And the good news is it has no effect on the environment.
We currently have 41 different varieties and 2 NewLeaf varieties available for you to choose. Canít decide what potatoes to order? Try a variety pack. Weíll give you a sampling of what we see as the best varieties to plant.
In addition to seed potatoes, we offer a complete line of soup mixes, syrups, jellies, and jams. Perfect for the home or as gifts to a friend. Check it out! I highly recommend them.
Check out the website or call us at (218)-456-2161