Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: algal hormones and growth regulators
From: Thomas M Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 Dec 1997 12:22:08 -0500

Is anyone familiar with the presence or absence of plant "hormones" in
marine non-vascular plants, especially macroalgae?  I've been unable to
find references to either their presence in algae or their possible roles.
It seemed like a simple question at first - but the proper references
elude me - perhaps there are few studies in this area.  I am primarily
interested in those compounds which are products of the mevalonate
pathway.  Could anyone suggest a reference that might get me started?

Many thanks.

Tom Arnold