Help for ACCESS Archives

ACCESS Archives

Subject: Re: NCI Account Job
From: Fred Cisin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 22 Dec 1997 09:11:38 -0800

[You're reading a message to the Media Access mailing list]

Michael Yared said:
> . . . Job Listing
> MARKETING
> NATIONAL CAPTIONING INSTITUE has a full-time position in our Virginia
> office for an Account Executive in our Marketing Department to market NCI's
> captioning service to corporate advertisers, advertising agencies,
> post-production facilities, home video and syndication companies. Must have
> . . .

In most other situations, I might question the validity of posting a job
announcement to a list.  BUT, . . .  I REALLY hope that they come up with
someone great to fill this one!

I'm one of those who feel that any advertiser who is unwilling to make the
TRIVIAL expenditure to caption their ads is sending a VERY clear and nasty
signal that they DON'T WANT our business.  How else to interpret someone
who might spend close to a million dollars on an advertising campaign, yet
balks at a few hundred to include us?

I hope that NCI finds someone who can effectively get that through to
advertisers and content providers.

--
Fred Cisin      [log in to unmask]

--
CONTRIBUTIONS: Mail once only to [log in to unmask]