Subject: Re: Type in Film - & credit-worthiness
From: Roy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 Nov 1997 17:33:45 +0000

In message <[log in to unmask]>,
gunnar swanson <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Type designers sell their type for use. There is nothing in any agreement
>I've seen that specifies that since I've paid less than the normal price,
>the type designer's name has to be on every brochure I use the face in.

I see the logic of your argument Gunnar, but we're talking not about
brochures, but *films* where people who make almost no difference to the
aesthetic quality of the film are given credit [auto-hire companies,
catering services] yet typographists are not

this started with consideration of Woody Allen's films, and I must say
that I have admired the severity, restraint, and consistency of his
title sequences over the years

and i couldn't care less who supplies sandwiches and cars
to the film crew

--
   Roy Johnson    |    [log in to unmask]